Tramontina LYON Stovetop Glazed Polenta Cake
|4 ounces (1 stick)||unsalted butter, room temperature|
|2 ounces||almond paste|
|1½ cups||powdered sugar|
|4||egg yolks, room temperature|
|2||whole eggs, room temperature|
|1 teaspoon||almond extract|
|2-1/2 ounces||cake flour|
|1/2 cup||polenta (cornmeal)|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon||kosher salt|
|2 cups||confectioners' sugar, sifted|
|2 tablespoons||lime or lemon juice|
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 6-quart Square Roaster with loaf pan inserts. Makes 1 loaf cake (8 servings)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
1. Cream together butter, sugar and salt.
2. Add almond paste and beat until smooth.
3. Add yolks one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
4. Add whole eggs.
5. Add almond extract.
6. Add flour, polenta and baking powder. Finish mixing with spatula.
7. Place cake batter into the LYON Loaf Pan insert.
8. Place loaf pan in the center of the LYON 6-quart Covered Square Roaster. Cover with the lid.
9. Turn burner to low-medium heat.
10. Bake on top of the stove for approximately 50 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean.
11. Remove cake pan from roasting pan and allow cake to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing it to finish cooling on a rack.
12. While cake is cooling, sift 2 cups of confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add a few drops of water until glaze falls easily from the spoon.
13. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Allow glaze to completely dry before serving. Serve with seasonal berries or fruit compote.