Tramontina LYON Stovetop Pepper Jack Cornbread
|1/2||onion, chopped and sautéed until golden and tender|
|1||red bell pepper, diced and sautéed until tender|
|1||green bell pepper, diced and sautéed until tender|
|1/3 cup||room temperature, unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar|
|1||egg room temperature|
|3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons||milk|
|3/4 cup||all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||baking powder|
|8 ounces||pepper jack cheese, shredded|
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven. Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1-1/4 hours
1. Prepare onion and peppers. Set aside to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt.
3. Add egg.
4. Add milk.
5. Stir in flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
6. Fold in onion, peppers and shredded cheese.
7. Spoon batter into LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven and cover with lid.
8. Place on a low-medium burner.
9. Bake on top of the stove for 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread should come out clean.