Roasted Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote - Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Rinse rhubarb under cold water, trim ends, and remove any leaves. Slice each stalk in half
lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
3. Rinse and hull strawberries. Slice each strawberry in half or, if large, into quarters.
4. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, orange zest, orange juice, and sugar in a 9-inch square non-aluminum
baking dish or 9-inch non-aluminum pie plate. Toss gently until rhubarb and strawberries are coated with
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil, making sure foil does not touch the fruit mixture. Place on rack in
middle of oven. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the rhubarb and strawberries release their juices and
mixture is bubbling.
6. Remove the foil and continue baking until the juices thicken slightly, about 15 minutes more. Remove
baking dish from the oven and place on wire rack to cool.