Soy Grilled Chicken Breast and Watercress Pasta Salad
|4||boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)|
|8 ounces||farfalle (bowtie pasta) or linguine|
|1/4 cup||soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon||chili paste|
|4||scallions, chopped, green and white parts kept separate|
|1/4 cup||red wine|
|3 cloves||garlic, peeled and minced|
|1 tablespoon||minced ginger|
|1/4 teaspoon||black pepper|
|2 tablespoons||Dijon mustard|
|2 tablespoons||rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon||sesame oil|
|3 tablespoons||canola oil|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned|
|1/2 pound|| asparagus spears, cooked and cut into 1 or 2-inch long pieces|
|1/2 cup||Italian-style salad dressing|
|2 teaspoons||fresh lime juice|
|Vegetable oil cooking spray|
1. To make marinade for chicken, combine soy sauce, chili paste, scallion whites, red wine, garlic, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl and whisk to blend. Add chicken and let marinate.
2. Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente; drain.
3. To make pasta dressing, whisk together mustard, vinegar, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Toss pasta, yellow pepper, asparagus, watercress and 2 tablespoons of scallion greens with dressing.
4. To make mango dressing, whisk together lime juice, Italian dressing and remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add mango cubes and toss gently to mix.
4. Coat grill with cooking spray and add chicken in a single layer. Grill 6 to 7 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes.
5. To serve, cut chicken breasts diagonally into half-inch wide strips. Toss chicken with pasta and mango dressing. Garnish with remaining scallion greens.