Spinach Pasta from Chef Christopher Covelli
|3-2/3 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|2 ounces||spinach or Swiss chard puree. Make sure the puree has minimal water content when adding it to the flour mixture.|
Notes: This recipe uses the Viante Electric Pasta Maker. Before making the pasta, select a pasta disc and assemble the Pasta Maker.
1. Add flour and salt into the mixing chamber of the Viante Pasta Maker.
2. Lightly whisk eggs, oil and spinach or Swiss chard puree together then add mixture to the mixing chamber and lock on the lid.
3. Start the mixing process and combine flour and egg mixture together for approximately 1 to 2 minutes. With the Pasta Maker running, remove the spoon from the lid and add 3/4 of the water (about 1/2 cup) in a steady stream, ensuring even distribution of water along entire length of the lid cut out.
4. Allow the dough to mix for another 1 to 2 minutes until dough resembles small pea-sized pieces.
5. Extrude pasta, cutting to desired length. Immediately dust extruded pasta lightly with flour to prevent sticking and place on tray or board. Just before cooking, gently toss, shake or brush pasta to remove excess flour.
6. Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Cooking time depends on the type of pasta. See the Instruction Manual for suggested cooking times.
Recipe provided by Chef Christopher Covelli and Viante