Duck Confit - Instructions
Note: To "French" the duck legs, cut the meat away from the end of the bone so that part of the bone is
exposed. Do not cut the meat off the bone.
1. Toast spices over medium heat until aromatic, remove from heat, cool and grind in spice or coffee
2. Mix ground spices with salt in a bowl and combine with garlic, shallots, thyme and lemon zest.
3. Layer legs skin-side down in a deep ovenproof dish and distribute cure mix evenly among all legs.
4. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper, weigh down with another smaller dish, and refrigerate for
5. Remove from refrigerator and rinse off cure mix. Duck legs should feel firm and be darker and more
translucent in color.