Sweet Potato Puff Recipe with Crunchy Praline Topping
|2||medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled |
|1/2 cup||low-fat milk |
|1/3 cup||sugar |
|2 tablespoons||butter or margarine |
|1/2 teaspoon||nutmeg |
|1/2 teaspoon||cinnamon |
|Praline Topping|| |
|2 tablespoons||butter or margarine, melted |
|3/4 cup||cornflake cereal |
|1/2 cup||chopped walnuts or pecans |
|1/4 cup||firmly packed brown sugar|
1. Place potatoes in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for about 30 seconds.
2. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Turn to Speed 4 and beat for 1 minute. Spread mixture in greased 9-inch pie plate.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until set.
4. Clean bowl and beater.
5. Prepare Praline Topping while puff bakes. Place all topping ingredients in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 15 seconds.
6. Spread Praline Topping on hot puff. Bake 10 minutes longer. Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
Recipe courtesy of KitchenAid