Cranberry Filled Shortbread Cookies - Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using hand or stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. With mixer running,
gradually add in powdered sugar. Add in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until just combined.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine cranberries, water, and sugar. Stir to combine. Over medium heat,
bring mixture to a boil. Once cranberries begin to pop and open, lower heat and stir constantly for 5
minutes or until filling reaches until thickened and coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat, and
pour cranberry mixture into bowl and allow filling to cool completely.
5. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on a surface dusted with
powdered sugar. Using 2-inch square cookie cutters, cut out cookies. If dough gets too soft, return to
refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.