Tea-Infused Butter - Instructions
Note: Use this butter in place of regular butter in your baking recipe. Start with more butter than your
recipe requires because you will lose some of the butter during the extraction process. For example, if
your recipe calls for 3/4 cup of butter, use 1 cup in this recipe. For best results, use a strong,
aromatic tea and good quality unsalted butter. To help you measure the tea, here are some common
conversions: 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon; 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup; 8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup.
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter until just liquid.
2. Add tea leaves in this ratio: 1-1/2 teaspoons of tea per tablespoon of butter. For example, if you
melted 1 cup or 16 tablespoons of butter, add 24 teaspoons of tea (equivalent to 8 tablespoons or 1/2
cup). Turn heat to low. Stir occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and cool mixture for 5 minutes. Butter will turn the color of the tea leaves.
4. Strain the butter using a fine sieve. Press tea leaves against the mesh to extract as much butter as
possible. Discard tea leaves.
5. Let infused butter sit and harden at room temperature. Use like regular butter in your recipe.
Adapted from recipe from www.cupcakeproject.com