Classic Apple Tart - Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Dust the work surface with flour, roll out the
pastry to a round about 3 mm. Roll the pastry up onto the rolling pin or fold it in half and then unroll
loosely over the tart pan.
2. Press the pastry into the pan with your fingers. With a thumb and index finger, mold a 1 cm
horizontal lip around the inside of the rim, then roll the rolling pin over the rim to cut off the
3. Pinch the lip of pastry into a decorative shape with pastry pinchers or your fingers. Prick the
bottom of the pastry shell all over with a fork and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Blind bake the tart
shell, remove from the oven and cool.
4. Prepare the apple compote: Peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into a "paysanne"(cut into
5. Melt the butter without coloring in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped
apples, sugar, lemon juice and water.