The chef's knife is the one knife no cook can be without. So if you like the looks of Kanso, the Shun Kanso 8-in. Chef's Knife is a must-have. This all-purpose knife is ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The 8-in. length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins, and a wide variety of other foods. The Kanso Chef's Knife is based on its Asian counterpart, the gyuto. It offers a wider heel, a fairly flat profile toward the heel, perfect for push cuts, but we also gave it a little belly from mid-blade toward the tip so that it can be gently rocked through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. The tagayasan-wood handles are slightly contoured, enabling an easy and comfortable chef's grip while cutting.
- THE must-have kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan or wenge wood
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)