Some cooks simply prefer a longer chef's knife. For them, we offer the Shun Classic 10-inch Chef's Knife. The longer blade provides additional cutting leverage and is especially handy when it comes to cutting larger foods. That said, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks-slicing, dicing, and chopping just about anything in the kitchen. The longer blade also enables you to cut more product with fewer strokes for example, cutting several carrots at once instead of just one. This is especially important for the productivity of commercial kitchens. Even though this is a larger knife, Shun Classic's thinner blades makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style Chef's knives.
- For those who prefer a larger chef's knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Blade length: 10 in. (25.4 cm)