Nakiri is simply Japanese for vegetable knife. Once you get the Shun Classic Nakiri in your hands, you'll soon see why both professional chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn't rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a simple push cut and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Classic Nakiri's blunt end, safer, too.
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)