Quite simply, nakiri is Japanese for vegetable knife. If you haven't used Japanese-style knives before, the nakiri is sure to attract your attention due to its interesting shape. Yet this blade shape is quite practical, too. With its blunt tip, the Shun Premier Nakiri is safer to use in the kitchen, but without sacrificing any of the slicing and dicing power you need when processing vegetables. Because of its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn't rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a push cut by moving the knife down and forward while keeping the edge parallel to the cutting surface. If you cut vegetables for salad or stir-fry, you will simply love using the Shun Premier Nakiri.
- This beautiful knife is perfect for processing vegetables of all kinds
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 5.5 in. (14 cm)