A chef's knife is a personal choice. That's why Shun offers so many different lines and blade lengths. For instance, in the same way that some cooks prefer a longer chef's knife, others prefer a shorter length. For cooks who enjoy the lightweight nimbleness of a shorter blade, we offer the Shun Premier 6-in. Chef's Knife. Of course, it performs all the tasks for which you choose a chef's knife, from slicing, dicing, and chopping to making rocking cuts through herbs. Yet it also offers the quick, agile performance and high degree of control that a slightly smaller knife can provide.
- A smaller chef's knife for quick, nimble performance
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)