If you're one of the many cooks who prefer a larger chef's knife, the Shun Premier 10-in. Chef's Knife would be an excellent choice for you. Because of Premier's thinner, lighter blades, you'll find that this larger chef's knife handles just as easily as a smaller one, while still providing the longer cutting edge you want. Professional chefs often choose a longer blade length in order to handle an increased volume of product and improve efficiency in the kitchen. The Shun Premier 10-in. Chef's Knife handles everything from small to large foods. The wide blade helps keep knuckles off the cutting board and is very handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. The curved belly makes rocking cuts easy, too.
- A larger chef's knife, yet light and highly maneuverable
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 10 in. (25.4 cm)