A good utility knife is the third member of your must-have kitchen knife line up. In size, it's between a chef's knife and a paring knife, making it the perfect size for all those in-between tasks. For trimming green beans, broccoli, and other jobs where you need some precision, your utility knife is an excellent choice. Any time a paring knife seems like too little and a chef's knife too much, reach for a utility knife. The Shun Premier Utility Knife offers a razor-sharp 6-in. edge that also makes quick work of anything that goes in a sandwich-meats, cheeses, tomato slices, and more. That specialized use is why this style of knife is sometimes called a sandwich knife. You'll also love the secure grip the ambidextrous Premier contoured handle provides.
- An in-between sized knife for all those in-between sized tasks
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)