In Japan, this knife style is known as a gyuto and is the Japanese equivalent of the chef's knife. It's an all-purpose knife ideal for meat and fish, yet it also performs beautifully on vegetables. Although the blade profile is narrower than the traditional chef's knife, it still offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. If you're looking for a lighter, more nimble multi-purpose kitchen knife, the Shun Premier Asian Cook's Knife is sure to become your go-to knife for a wide range of food preparation tasks.
- A multi-purpose knife similar in function to a chef's knife
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)