In Japan, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife. Known as the master chef's knife, it offers top cutting performance and versatility. With its straighter edge, the Shun Premier 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It's also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. Once you try it, you'll find yourself reaching for your Shun Premier Kiritsuke more and more often.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)