If you have only one kitchen knife, the Shun Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife is the one to have. This one is extra-special because of the hollow-ground indentations on the side of the blade. They create small air pockets that reduce friction when cutting, making it easier to glide through the cut. If you’ve had problems with sticking, try a hollow-ground blade. Otherwise, use the Shun Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife as you would any other chef’s knife—for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium-sized fruits, vegetables, and other foods. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
- A must-have kitchen knife
- Hollow-ground indentations help food release from the blade
- Hand-sharpened 16 degree double-bevel blade (32 degree comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan