A santoku is an Asian-inspired knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. In fact, some people even prefer it to a chef’s knife. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Sora Santoku is light, agile, and very easy to maneuver. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which just adds to the Sora Santoku's versatility. The blade is extra-special because of the hollow-ground indentations on the side of the blade. They create small air pockets that reduce friction when cutting, making it easier to glide through the cut. If you’ve had problems with sticking, try a hollow-ground blade.
- An Asian-style multi-purpose kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan