This set includes a 8" chef knife, a 8" bread knife, a 8" honing steel, 8" shears, 7" santoku knife, 6" boning knife, 5" serrated utility knife, 5" tomato knife, six 5" steak knives, 3.5" paring knife, 2.75" peeling knife and a heavy duty Walnut wood block. All of the knives are full tang and perfectly balanced. They are all hand forged and sharpened from high alloy Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel. They are set at an angle in the walnut block giving it a striking and beautiful look. Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel is a fine grained steel which can be heat treated to a hardness rating of 59 +/- 2 HRC without the common issues of brittleness in the blade. This means Cangshan knives can be sharpened to a precise, keen Asian style, 16 degree angle while having phenomenal edge retention. These knives are sharper out of the box and will stay sharp up to five times longer than comparable knives on the market. NSF certifed for food safety.
- RedDot 2016 Award patented design focus on unique all metal structure and ergonomic handles
- Forged from elite Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel with HRC 59 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- All metal knife affords superior strength,taper grind edge stays sharp and easy to re-sharpen
- Patent pending cutting edge designed solid Walnut wood block works with the knives tastefully
- National Sanitation Foundation(NSF) Approved, limited lifetime warranty