This set includes a 8" chef knife, a 3.5" paring knife and a solid Walnut block. The knives are set in the unique TAI walnut block. TAI is the knife block for tomorrows kitchen. Minimal, essential and beautiful it encompasses the essence of Cangshan. Crafted from robust Walnut wood the knife block features two slots, securely housing a Chef 's and Paring knife combo. This knife block fits perfectly in smaller, modern kitchens while offering all the foundational knife functions needed by todays home chefs. They are all hand forged and sharpened from high alloy Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel. Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel is a fine grained steel which can be heat treated to a hardness rating of 59 +/- 2 HRC without the common issues of brittleness in the blade. This means Cangshan knives can be sharpened to a precise, keen Asian style, 16 degree angle while having phenomenal edge retention. These knives are sharper out of the box and will stay sharp up to five times longer than comparable knives on the market. NSF certifed for food safety.
- Patented design knives that focus on ergonomic handles for an easy and comfortable grip
- Forged from elite Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel with HRC 59 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- Full tang knife affords superior strength,taper grind edge stays sharp and easy to re-sharpen
- Patent pending cutting edge designed solid Walnut wood block works with the knives tastefully
- National Sanitation Foundation(NSF) Approved, limited lifetime warranty