This 7 santoku knife is hand forged and polished from Japanese VG-10 steel. Japanese VG10 Steel is a harder steel than German steel which means it can take a significantly sharper edge. The trade off is a more brittle blade that will take more maintenance from the chef to keep from chipping. A unique, Damascus pattern is formed in the metal from folding 67 layers of steels together. VG10 Steel has a hardness rating of 60 +/-2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating. Each knife comes with a dark Walnut wood magnetic Saya style sheath that is perfectly shaped to match and protect the knife's distinct blade.
- Unique Patent Pending Design that focuses on rich ultra-dense African Blackwood Handle
- Forged from 67 Layers VG10 Japanese Steel with HRC 60 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- 7-Inch Japanese Santoku knife is ideal for chopping, mincing, dicing and slicing
- Each Knife comes with dark walnut wood magnetic saya style sheath
- Hand wash only, limited lifetime warranty