This 8" sashimi chef knife is hand forged and polished from Japanese VG-10 steel. Japanese VG10 Steel is a harder steel than German steel which means it can take a significantly sharper edge. The trade off is a more brittle blade that will take more maintenance from the chef to keep from chipping. A unique, Damascus pattern is formed in the metal from folding 67 layers of steels together. VG10 Steel has a hardness rating of 60 +/-2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating. Each knife comes with a dark Walnut wood magnetic Saya style sheath that is perfectly shaped to match and protect the knife's distinct blade.
- Unique patent pending design that focuses on rich ultra-dense African Blackwood handle.
- Hand forged from 67 layers VG10 Japan Steel with HRC 60 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale.
- 8-Inch Sashimi is perfect for creating razor-thin slices of fish and soft meats for sashimi.
- Each knife comes with dark Walnut wood magnetic Saya style sheath.
- Flush seams in handle ensure easy cleaning and safe use.
- Knife design focuses on beauty and optimal comfort.
- Limited lifetime warranty.