This set includes a 8 chef knife, 5 serrated utility knife and a 3.5 paring knife. They are hand forged and polished from Japanese VG-10 steel. Japanese VG10 Steel is a harder steel than German steel which means it can take a significantly sharper edge. The trade off is a more brittle blade that will take more maintenance from the chef to keep from chipping. A unique, Damascus pattern is formed in the metal from folding 67 layers of steels together. VG10 Steel has a hardness rating of 60.2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating. Each knife comes with a dark walnut wood magnetic Saya style sheath that is perfectly shaped to match and protect the knife's distinct blade. They all come in a simulated wood gift box, perfect for storing.
- Patent pending design includes 8-inch chef's, 5-inch serrated utility and 3-1/2-inch paring, each with walnut wood sheath
- Precision-forged Japan VG10 Cutting Core for maximum edge retention; clad with 66 layers of stainless steel (33 each side) for corrosion resistance
- African Blackwood handle works with the knife and walnut wood sheath tastefully
- Internal magnetic designed sheath can hold the blade and protect the edge
- Hand wash only, limited lifetime warranty