Made in France since 1810, Peugeot mills are renowned by chefs and gourmet cooks the world over for the consistent grind results they produce, their incredible resilience and proven reliability. Compromise is not a word that fits into the Peugeot vocabulary. For each spice, there is one – and only one – Peugeot grinding mechanism: peppercorns; coarse dry salt; chilies; wet salts; and nutmeg. Add the coffee mechanism, which started it all, and there are six unique Peugeot mechanisms. Each is designed to derive the most flavor and greatest aroma from its complementary spice. Aesthetically pleasing, Peugeot mills deliver the height of quality, durability, reliability and innovation; making these mills the ones to which all others are compared. The PEFC certified high quality beech wood used in Peugeot mills is grown, harvested, dried, shaped and finished in France. Peugeot’s mechanism, the strongest and most efficient on the market, establishes the Peugeot mill as a high-performance professional tool. The mechanism is fully adjustable and offers a consistent high-output grind, with better precision adjustments. Peugeot uses spice-specific mechanisms that optimize flavor and texture, so its pepper mills crack and then grind peppercorns, and its salt mills shatter and then crush coarse salt.
- Olive wood is an exceptional noble wood and a symbol of strength and longevity.
- Its incomparable grain and extraordinary natural lines give it a precious aspect, making each mill a unique piece.
- The olive wood used in the crafting of your mill was sourced from sustainably managed European forests with respect for natural resources.
- Two-stage, crack and grind mechanism: larger teeth crack corns and smaller teeth grind for fresher aroma and better flavor.
- Case-hardened steel: Teeth are cut into the steel. The steel is then case-hardened – this makes the mechanism incredibly strong and resilient.
- Patented treatment is applied that protects steel from corrosion and maintains its sharpness and resistance to wear.