Get to Know Your Hestan NanoBond
Is NanoBond nonstick?
NanoBond is not nonstick but it is highly stick resistant.
For optimal stick resistance:
- Pre-heat the pan for one to two minutes over high heat. Pour the desired amount of oil or butter in the pan. When the oil or butter is heated properly, place the food in the pan. When you hear a sizzling sound, the food surface is quickly seared, preventing food from sticking. We recommend using medium or low heat setting for continuous, optimal cooking performance.
- If food is sticking, check: Is your pot/pan clean? Did you preheat the pan as instructed? Is your heat set correctly for desired cooking?
Why does the cookware have grey and blue splotches after cooking?
This discoloration is caused by high heat and oil – it is a food film with cooking residue. Some people don’t mind this but it is very easy to bring back the brilliance to your NanoBond:
- After cooking, let the pan cool down. Use warm soapy water with a fine Scotch Brite sponge. The pan will clean easily. Rinse and dry immediately.
- When the pan is discolored, pour a few drops of a soft cleanser such as Bar Keeper’s Friend. For the ultimate cleaning and polishing, we recommend the Hestan Professional Stainless Steel Cleaner and scrub with a soft scrub sponge. Alternatively, you can use a few drops of lemon juice or a few drops of vinegar to remove the discoloration. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not use dry abrasive scouring powder, dry steel wool or sharp tip to directly rub the surface, as it may mar the surface.
I have a nickel allergy. Is this cookware safe to use?
The NanoBond surface covers the entire stainless steel pan including the rims. Therefore, your food never comes in contact with the nickel. NanoBond is chemical free and produced in an environmentally friendly process.
Is NanoBond dishwasher safe?
Yes, NanoBond is dishwasher safe. Due to heat and soap, there may be discoloration after dishwashing that can be easily cleaned following the steps above.
What is NanoBond?
NanoBond offers a unique, patented titanium based nano-technology that produces thousands of super dense metallic layers bonded to stainless steel. It is a process never before seen in professional cookware. NanoBond is chemical free, extremely durable, and resistant to staining and scratching, which results in lasting beauty, along with superior performance.
How is NanoBond made?
NanoBond is created inside a high heat vacuum chamber using a blend of Titanium and Chromium based alloys. When placed inside the specially designed vacuum chamber the metal alloys are vaporized and then bonded to the stainless steel. This is a revolutionary innovation in cookware and has never been done before.
Since NanoBond can withstand high heat, can I use on my gas or charcoal grill?
NanoBond can withstand heat up to 1050°F. We recommend to use on your grill for short periods of time. Always use oven mitts when handling your cookware place on the grills.
Why is NanoBond noticeably lighter in weight?
Hestan collaborated with many professional chefs who of course work with cookware all day and this was a big factor in the design of NanoBond. Chefs can cook longer and more efficiently without the fatigue of a heavy cookware. NanoBond cookware is made with the highest quality materials to provide superior cooking performance with no additional weight.
Can I use NanoBond on my induction stovetop?
Yes, NanoBond is safe for all stovetops, including induction.
Where is NanoBond made?
NanoBond is made at a small artisanal cookware factory in Italy
What does the lifetime warranty cover? Is there anything that voids the warranty?
The warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, or normal wear and tear. Scratches, stains, discoloration or damage from overheating are not covered by this warranty. Incidental or consequential damages are not covered by this by this warranty.
How is the heat distribution compared to other professional cookware?
With NanoBond’s pure aluminum core, the cookware is 35% more conductive than other aluminum clad cookware. It is very reactive because it heats up quickly and cools down quickly with any change in temperature.
FAQs originally at https://nanobond.hestan.com//frequently-asked-questions/